Support For Parents
- We offer one-on-one consultation to parents to discuss specific concerns and identify strategies for addressing them.
- We can provide recommendations for a number of issues, including behavior, discipline, academic performance, social skills, tantrums, anger, sensory issues, grief, anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD, and many more.
- We can review a child’s special education records, evaluations, services, and programming to assist parents in making informed educational decisions.
In-Home Parent Training and Behavior Support
Learn how to implement strategies for improving behavior and communication in the home setting
Our parent trainer will visit the home to complete a needs assessment in order to identify the most important behaviors to target and then we’ll develop a plan for how to implement the strategies recommended.
Parents will receive individualized visual supports for the home along with direct instruction and practice in the most effective ways to work directly with their children.
Support for School/Daycare Staff
We offer individualized consultation on a case-by-case basis on topics such as:
- Behavior Intervention
- Social skills strategies/supports
- Classroom/schoolwide behavior management
- Disability Awareness
- Bullying awareness/prevention
Staff Development Workshops
- How can I be more effective with difficult children?
- What's the best way to prevent a tantrum?
- Is my classroom set up in the best way to meet the children's needs?
- How do I know if I am communicating effectively with my students?
- When I have concerns about a child, how should I share them with the parent?
- What should teachers do when they feel overwhelmed by students?
Are you interested in having Clear Lake Children's Center offer a seminar at your school, daycare, church, PTA, or club meeting? Contact us to find out how to schedule!